Coronavirus & your Blossom Baby classes
Keeping our communities up to date on the most recent news relating to the Coronavirus and our response
It is our absolute priority to ensure Coronavirus does not get in the way of expectant and new families accessing the level of education, support and community they deserve.
The journey from pregnancy through to toddlerhood is often one filled with uncertainty and new challenges, and we are very aware at Blossom Baby just how our current health climate may impact you.
We know that the situation and guidance is changing daily, and we are taking our response very seriously, believing we all have a duty to be a part of the solution.
This page will be kept up to date with any changes in policy as and when the guidance changes.
To access the most up to date information:
Information for pregnant women and their families from The Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists, Royal College of Midwives and Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health.
Breastfeeding and Coronavirus – for updated information from the Breastfeeding Network (an evidence-based independent breastfeeding charity) on breastfeeding your baby and Covid 19.
Department of Health & Social Care – for updated Government policy, response and information on self-isolation.
Classes are being delivered LIVE via ZOOM or in person where it is safe to do so. For any in person classes, Blossom Baby will implement the following hygiene policy:
We ask that mums bring one or two of baby’s own rattles/musical instruments/bells to minimise the cross-contact between toys.
We are continuing to clean all high contact surfaces in class areas including but not limited to: door handles, baby changing areas and class equipment – using anti-viral cleaning solutions before and after every class.
All equipment for Littlies and Wrigglies classes, which may come in to common contact such as scarves, parachutes, toys will be rotated to ensure one use per day with full cleanse before next use.
There will be anti-viral cleaners and wipes available in all classes and we ask that any spillages, baby posset or dribble are wiped up and disposed of in available bins.
We ask that to help protect both yourself and others, that you:
- Respect the guidelines and should you or baby have any kind of cough, cold or any signs of illness that you let your teacher know and don’t attend classes or workshops.
- Respect the good practice behaviours of coughing or sneezing in to tissues or your elbow and disposing of used tissues in to bins.
- Wash your hands with hand sanitiser or water & soap for 20 seconds or longer, before eating and drinking and after coughing, sneezing, going to the toilet or touching common surfaces.
- Wash your (and your baby’s) hands upon arrival to class.
- Avoid direct contact where possible with your eyes, nose and mouth.
- Don’t allow the sharing of baby snacks or toys
- Avoid contact with anyone who has a respiratory illness and don’t use their belongings such as mobile phones.
Blossom’s top priority is helping our community to stay safe. Our aim to to provide a safe space for expectant and new mums/families to access informed education and unconditional support. We wish to ensure that this service is continued for you and that you will always have access to a suitable alternative should it no longer be practical to attend locally.
Your class teacher will be in touch with you by email and via their social media channels should local situations change.
Should it be necessary then Blossom Baby classes will be delivered to you at home via video link or a video download – so watch this space for more details.
Please know that we will leave no mums or babies behind!
If you have any concerns or questions relating to this policy please contact Helen