Firstly, we have an initial meeting (which is free). This is a good opportunity for us to meet and ask any questions.
If you decide that having me as your Birth Doula is right for you, we then arrange 2 more antenatal visits. During these visits, we build up a strong bond of trust. We work on breathing techniques, birthing positions, relaxation etc., as well as discussing birth ideas/plans, any fears or anxieties and relevant treatments.
I’ll never push ideas onto you that you are not comfortable with, but I’ll give you the information that you need to make the choices that are right for you.
You will have continuity of care throughout your pregnancy and labour. I’ll be on call, 24 hours a day, 2 weeks before and 2 weeks after your due date. When you go into labour, I’ll be there for you until your baby is born and you are both settled.
I offer 2 postnatal visits to make sure you are doing ok and that your transition into parenthood is as smooth as possible and this can include breastfeeding support if required.
Total fee: £750
£200 payable with signed contract at booking to secure on call period
£550 payable at second antenatal meeting
- Initial introductory meeting
- 2 antenatal visits (approx 1.5 hours each) approx weeks 32 and 37
- on call, 24 hrs a day, for 4 weeks (2 weeks before and 2 weeks after due date)
- unlimited phone calls/emails during on call period
- labour and birth (no time limit!)
- 2 postnatals visits – first visit usually within 2 weeks of the birth
For testimonials from previous doula clients please see ‘What others say‘ page